Tony Stark is the son of Howard and Maria Stark. Tony had used to go to school like other kids, but when his mother passed away, his father decided to keep him close by. Staying isolated from school, Tony excelled in the corporate world, developing new technologies for Stark International, his father's company, to the point that the scientists there were unable to figure out how most of the things he made actually worked. His only friend was James Rhodes, the son of his father's lawyer, Roberta Rhodes..
Tony had just completed his new invention, a flying suit of armor, and was convinced it would impress his father. Sometime later, Tony designed a laser system for his father's new Earth Mover machines, meant to help in archaeological digs and disaster relief. However, Obadiah Stane wanted to use the Earth Movers as weapons, which Howard Stark blatantly refused to allow due to his strong belief that "weapons never solve problems, they only create more." Returning by jet from the dig site where his father had been excavating Chinese ruins involving the Makluan Rings, which Howard believed to be an advanced form of technology, Tony was planning on showing him the new flight-capable armor he had developed. However, their plane blew up, and Tony's father was believed to have died. Tony survived thanks to his armor's life support system. His chest area had sustained the most damage, enough for him to have had to use an artificial heart implanted into his chest to keep him alive. After Tony managed to narrowly avoid death, the armor's autopilot took him to the house of his best friend, James Rhodes.
Six Months Later, Tony returns to the public eye, but because of Howard's mysterious alleged death, Stane becomes CEO of Stark International. He makes a point of keeping Tony from any involvement in his "projects" (i.e. the weaponizing of several of the Starks' innovations, including the Earth Movers) on the pretense that his father wanted him to attend normal school and have a normal life. Tony can officially inherit the company once he turns eighteen and graduates from high school with his friends.
He is shown to excel in the Tomorrow Academy, memorizing all of his textbooks and even finding all of the most advanced topics out-of-date. There he meets another student named Pepper Potts, who seems to have memorized his life due to the fact that her father is an FBI agent who is looking into the alleged death of Tony's father. When the two first meet, Pepper makes a big deal of letting the young heir know exactly how plausible it is that Obadiah Stane is responsible for it.
Tony and Rhodey go to his new lab inside the Stark compound near Rhodey's house. Tony uses his new armor to spy on Stane. Through a communication line, Rhodey tells Tony that there is a runaway train that is going to crash into Stark Tower, and if it succeeds, hundreds of lives will be killed. Stark changes the tracks to an unfinished rail and managed to stop the train, almost draining his heart's power. The news of the incident was reported all over. The people call the armored hero, "Iron Man". Stark takes this as an opportunity to save Stark International from itself and finding out what happened to his dad.
Along the way, Iron Man must face evil villains like the ruthless Obadiah Stane (new CEO of Stark International), and the Mandarin, who wields the great power of the Makluan Rings and will find them all to rule the world as he sees fit. He will also face lesser villains like the Maggia crime organization, Killer Shrike, Unicorn, Blizzard, Mr. Fix and his robotic assassin, Whiplash, the Crimson Dynamo, the Living Laser, the think tank known as A.I.M., the Controller, Madame Masque, Ghost, MODOC, and Technovore.
He will eventually reveal his secret to Pepper. She dubs their whole group "Team Iron Man".
Meeting the Mandarin
Iron Man meets the Mandarin for the first time (and witnesses the power that the Makluan Rings contain) after he destroys the Earth Movers (his and his father's invention run amok). Iron Man is easily defeated by the combined power of two of the Mandarin's rings in his possession. After a brief battle, Tony decides to resume his father's search for the Makluan Rings, having seen what they are capable of (particularly in the wrong hands).
Tony, by chance, befriends Gene Khan (the Mandarin's alter-ego), who attends the Tomorrow Academy when he learns Gene can help him find the rest of the rings. Gene and the group search for the rings while facing their guardians, the Dreadknights, Ultimo, and Firebrand. Gene managed to get three while Tony eventually got his hands on the fourth ring.
Tony starts upgrading the Iron Man armor with super-villain tech that he came across as Iron Man. During a battle with an also-upgraded Whiplash, an impact from a fall briefly gives it sentience. It begins watching Tony Stark. Soon, the armor detects Whiplash's energy signature. Tony puts on the armor and goes to spy on Mr. Fix and Whiplash without confrontation. The armor takes over and breaks into Fix's lair. The armor easily overpowers both him and Whiplash even with Whiplash's new upgrade. The armor appears to have destroyed them and Fix's lair, along with them.
The armor knocks Rhodey unconscious as he is preparing to disassemble the armor, seeing him as a threat. The armor's primary directive is to protect Tony Stark, and to this end, it goes as far as to attempt permanently encasing Stark inside the armor, since he keeps looking for trouble. It attempts to kill Rhodes, but Tony takes the blast, which does further damage to his heart. The armor, whose purpose is to preserve its creator, sacrifices all of its power to save him.
Tales of Suspense
When Tony and his friends track down the fifth ring, he, Gene, and Pepper are captured by Zhang and his men and they steal the fourth ring off Tony's finger. He and his men then travel to Macchu Pichu so Zhang can claim the fifth ring for himself. Zhang ends up retreating when the Temple of Sacrifice's guardian, Fin Fang Foom (a stone dragon), awakens and leaves the five rings behind. Pepper tries to pass the test by throwing the rings in the dragon's mouth, which really doesn't do anything except make their dilemma worse. Rhodey comes just in time in his new War Machine armor to deliver Stark's own armor. It's then Gene learns of his true identity as Iron Man (which is kind of ironic, considering the fact that Tony was against Pepper's suggestion to tell Gene in the first place, and then Tony makes a big, dramatic show of telling him very slowly and full of purpose and looking all proud about it).
Iron Man and Rhodey proceed to battle the dragon, but they can't beat it using brute force. Eventually, Gene passes the test by sacrificing himself for Pepper and being swallowed by the dragon. Inside the belly of the beast, Gene finds his four rings as well as the remaining fifth one, this discovery causing him to laugh maniacally. His friends are relieved to see him alive as he comes out of the now frozen dragon's mouth, but their victory is short-lived as Gene now reveals himself as the Mandarin. He takes down Rhodey, sending him flying into a solid stone wall, before fighting Iron Man. During the battle, Gene reveals that he was the one who blew up Tony and his father's jet and that Howard Stark is still alive. The battle ends with Gene knocking Tony out and teleporting himself to his mysteriously located underground lair. Tony has learned that his father is alive and he'll find him by finding Gene.
Iron Man Returns
Tony Stark returns home after a failed journey to China to search for Gene and Howard Stark. It is Tony Stark's 17th birthday that day. When he finds out that multibillionaire Justin Hammer is going into Stark International, he suits up for the first time in months to spy on him, only to find a new and improved Whiplash trying to kidnap Hammer. He prevents the attempt and escapes. When he comes back to kidnap Obadiah Stane, Iron Man along with War Machine try to save him, but it only resulted in the Mark I armor blowing up and a badly injured Tony.
He was taken to the hospital and was saved by Dr. Yinsen. Stark is visited by Justin Hammer who tries to offer him to sell Stark International to him and make billions, but knowing that he will make weapons, he refused to sell. Tony escaped the hospital and put on his new Iron Man Armor Mark II to rescue Obadiah Stane. Iron Man and War Machine tracked his location and were locked in a fight with Whiplash, Mr. Fix, and Blizzard. Thanks to Iron Man's new suit, they both managed to defeat all of them and rescue Stane, but not before leaving him on an empty rooftop.
Iron Man now must deal with old and new enemies like Titanium Man, Iron Monger, Doctor Doom, Black Widow, Rhona Erwin (also called the Mad Thinker), Grim Reaper, Mallen, Magneto, his misguided future grandson, Iron Man 2099, and new archvillains like Justin Hammer.
When Iron Man was going back to the Armory from a night patrol, he carelessly let the Ghost follow him there. It was then he saw Tony take off his armor, revealing his identity. Stark was restrained and the Ghost stole his armor specifications and Iron Man's helmet from his terminal. Iron Man followed him and tried to stop him from selling the specs to his client, but he got away and sold them to Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer. When Tony went after him, Ghost decided not to tell anyone his secret identity until he is old enough to run Stark International, when he is a more profitable target. Stark decided that his battle between Stane and Hammer has just turned into an all-out "war".First, Obadiah Stane uses the specs to build the Guardsmen suits who he uses to discredit Iron Man, but Iron Man outsmarted them and defeated them.
Next, he suits up in the Stealth Armor and tries to delete Justin Hammer's specs and stumbles on to something called "Project: Titanium". It is an armored suit built by Hammer Multinational called Titanium Man. Hammer later uses the suit to attack Iron Man and War Machine. He critically damages War Machine and has Iron Man on the run. In the nick of time, he suits up into his Mark II armor and War Machine is repaired. They both heat the Titanium Man suit to the point that the titanium plating would continue burning until it melts. Hammer flies it back to his office and meanwhile, Tony upgrades the Stealth armor's weapons systems for a more prepared fight.
Stark eventually goes on more missions to prevent evil use of his armor specs which involved going up against Doctor Doom, monarch of Latveria, and teaming up with the Black Widow and Hawkeye to steal back a Stark International UI chip from Hammer. During the latter mission, he found the last of the offline servers and destroyed it, erasing the last of Hammer's Iron Man specs.
Soon, Tony finally loses his contained temper against Stane and unleashes his fury by busting into the military site where he was testing the enhanced Iron Monger mecha. Establishing his dominance over the man, Iron Man drops Stane from a high aerial point, but soon after projects a force field to prevent harm from coming to Stane. Tony and Rhodey later discover footage of Stane making underhanded business arrangements with the Ghost to acquire the Iron Man armor specs, and turn it into the board, which consequently fires Stane. Ecstatic and proud at his achievement, Iron Man decides to don the armor one last time following his decision to relinquish his role as the armored hero. Titanium Man approached him to propose a partnership in order to destroy Obadiah Stane; of course, Iron Man refused the idea. After a heavy beating from Titanium Man, Iron Man heads through the city. As night begins to descend upon the light skies, a vengeful Obadiah dons the Iron Monger armor to kill Tony for depriving him of his position as CEO of Stark International. After attempting to crush Iron Man to death for revenge, Stane is placed into submission by his daughter, Whitney. However, the programming installed by Justin Hammer causes a reluctant Obadiah to viciously attack Iron Man and Whitney. The combined efforts of Iron Man and War Machine easily manage to send Titanium Man flying (presumably in Pennsylvania, as Tony joked in his calculations); however, Obadiah falls off a building ledge after the Iron Monger armor shuts down. Tony and his friends visit Obadiah in his hospital room to console Whitney, who angrily orders them to leave and swears vengeance upon him.
During the Armor Wars, Tony eventually reencounters his old enemy, Gene Khan, the Mandarin, who needs his help to recover the eighth Makluan Ring. He refuses to help the guy who lied to him and betrayed him, but Gene uses the seventh ring's power of mind control to make him obey. They go to the eighth temple and face the temple's guardian, Grim Reaper. They eventually defeat it and Tony snaps out of his trance, but he fails to prevent Gene from acquiring the eighth ring and escaping.
After a fight with Blizzard, Tony hears on television that Justin Hammer has bought Stark International. Tony becomes depressed. Roberta says that Hammer used a loophole to buy the company, but Tony is still entitled to inherit it, at least until Sasha comes to their doorstep to tell them otherwise and to notify them that his trust fund now belongs to Hammer (which means he can't use the money to build or repair his armors). Rhodes and Pepper suggest that he expose Hammer as a criminal, just like he did with Stane. Iron Man listens in on a bait conversation to lead him to a suggested secret shipment at the docks. He arrives to be led into a trap by Killer Shrike, Whiplash, Unicorn, and Titanium Man. They pummel him to the point of unconsciousness and drag his armored body to Hammer's ocean retreat where Fix 2.0 shuts down his armor's lockdown mode to remove his armor. War Machine busts in but is bombarded with an artificial cosmic ray field, which hurts the person inside, but leaves the armor intact. He blasts through the field and distracts them while Pepper (who is controlling the Stealth Armor) re-armors Tony and recharges him. They all defeat the hired villains, while Justin Hammer runs to armor himself up. Titanium Man destroys the Stealth Armor and fights Iron Man and War Machine. They stop him with the cosmic ray blaster and he passes out. Tony considers killing Titanium Man out of anger, but Rhodey calms him down. Back at the Armory, Stark agrees to build an armored suit for Pepper and plans to build his own successful business to buy back Stark International. He agrees to name the company Stark Solutions.
When a fired agent named Mallen stole an experimental super-soldier serum called Extremis and took it, he transformed into a mutated human and started assaulting S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. When Iron Man showed up to stop him, he mercilessly beat him down to near death. S.H.I.E.L.D. managed to drive him off and they took Iron Man to the Helicarrier for medical treatment. They managed to save his life and in doing so, found out his true identity. He was frustrated to learn that he has to retire Iron Man for his general health. When he learned about the serum and a certain frozen hero in the Helicarrier. He used another serum and injected himself with a drop of it. As a result, his heart was fixed, gained enhanced physical abilities, and the ability to communicate with computers and machines, even his Iron Man suit. He went back for a rematch against Mallen and used his new abilities to find an electric cable under the ground and used it to electrocute Mallen into a coma. He recieved thanks from Nick Fury and offered him a place on a "team" when he turns 18. Iron Man declines, saying that he is not really a team player.
Father and Son Reunited
When Mandarin and Howard Stark track the ninth temple down in Latveria, they find that the ring has been claimed by Doctor Doom. Mandarin escapes and goes to Tony for help to rescue his father. He confiscates Mandarin's rings but gives him one to teleport them to Castle Doom. They encounter Doom and fight him. Iron Man reluctantly gives Mandarin another ring to help defeat Doom, but it turns out to be a Doombot, a fake. They explore Castle Doom further and find Howard Stark in an energy cage, but are caught in Doom's trap. Doom reveals that he has tapped into the ninth ring's power to cause portals to other dimensions to appear all over Earth and invokes the entity called Yogthulu and offers him three pure souls (Iron Man, Mandarin, and Howard Stark) in exchange for bringing his family back to life. They are transported to another dimension, but when Yogthulu sees that Mandarin is not a "pure soul". He forfeits his deal with Doom. Mandarin says to give him back his rings so he can teleport all of them back to Earth, Iron Man reluctantly complies after arguing for a moment. They go back to Castle Doom and fight Doom. Howard Stark causes a machine to electrify Doom, then Iron Man undoes the damage caused by the portals then traps Doom in Yogthulu's dimension. Mandarin takes back the ninth ring, he then closes every portal on Earth then teleports away. Howard Stark is then taken home by Iron Man. Howard is greeted by Roberta Rhodes and when Tony, Rhodey, and Pepper come in, Tony embraces his father's return. Howard plans to celebrate and tomorrow, they take back Stark International from Hammer.
The Hammer Falls
Tony's father decided to Stark International, meanwhile Hammer has gone increasingly mad and paranoid over messages from an unknown competitor and has commissioned a special project that makes Z-Gas (Zombie Gas). Tony aside from his duty as Iron Man was also with his father too, trying to help tell him not to give up but gets upset that he thinks Iron Man, not valuable to the world, but tries to get the company back. As Tony tries to figure out the problems with Hammer's henchmen. When Tony encountered Killer Shrike and Unicorn, Unicorn got badly wounded and Killer Shrike was sent to jail. Titanium Man captured Shrike and zombified him with the Z-Gas. War Machine and Iron Man found out and revealed their plan. They filmed the whole scene and broadcasted it to the world with the help of Fix, who revealed that he was behind the messages, as revenge for turning him into a digital freak. He and War Machine found out that Hammer is also Titanium Man and Justin unleashes a zombie gas bomb on the city. Luckily, Iron Man stops it with an incendiary bomb and saves Rhodey using Extremis to control Titanium Man. Iron Man throws him down into his office, but Fix, not through with Hammer tosses him into the Z-Gas chamber and zombifies him. In the end, Howard receives the company back and changes his opinion of Iron Man.
Facing the Mandarin
While in the armory searching for Gene and his rings, Rhodey brought Pepper gonna be surprised by the new armor made by him, when she saw the new armor, Tony announced the new armor to Pepper as she is the proud owner. Tony along with Rhodey go to leave the armory but Pepper forced herself to wear the armor and took the armor on a test drive, Tony left with no choice decided to join Pepper in the test drive along with Rhodey. During the test drive, the satellite gave a warning of Gene and his rings in China, he along with Rhodey and Pepper have a conversation of how they are even gonna go even without their parents know so they make a fake talk of Tony's 18th birthday party, while Tony was talking, he found out that his father was making a weapon and he was angry at what his father was doing, leaving Howard worried for Tony. The three later leave for to China but Tony was still angry and let the mood take the best of him when missiles were shooted on them. They took down the missiles then used Extremis to take down the jets. They arrive to China and inspect the temple, once inside, Gene arrives and fights Tony and Rhodey but not with Pepper, when together, they push him into the ring chamber. When Gene sees the tenth ring, Tony gets worried. Then the Makluan guardian appears and Tony learns of Makluans and the rings by the Makluan far from Gene. When the Makluan discovers that Gene is unworthy, it caused a battle but with the three armors, they took out Gene and Makluan tested them, finding Pepper worthy but then, he was shocked by the lighting made by the Mandarin. After the Makluan evaporated and Mandarin claimed the tenth ring, Tony screamed cause the Mandarin won. He was almost gonna be killed by the Mandarin cause of that power but luckily Howard arrived with his weapon and took down the Mandarin for a while. When Howard was going to confront, Gene felt failure and disappeared. Tony stated then that the world was in "deep deep trouble."
The Makluan Invasion
Back at the armory, Howard is surprised with Tony making the Makluan Temple, his base of operations. Tony then thanks his dad for the information of the rings that led to this. Warnings come that Makluan energy source detected so Tony suit up along with Rhodey and Pepper at his side but Howard tries to tell him to calm but Tony leaves anyway. While facing the Mandarin, he and the others were defeated and they meet up with Nick Fury and Black Widow, just then Howard told Tony of the energy source that Makluans' ship was detected and Gene was captured. After the slience, Makluan forces arrive and he along with War Machine and Rescue take down the forces.
They were then teleported by the rings to the ship and join forces with Gene to fight the greatest warriors but the fight was just a warm-up, then the overlord announced the champion Makluan and they had to fight him, they had no idea how to stop the powerful Makluan, then once they know that the hammer is the power, Tony then puts the hammer on force field while War Machine and Rescue shoot their unibeam to the Makluan, then Tony used the unibeam and take down the Makluan.
They were then teleported back by the overlord and again fought the Makluan forces. Once all the heros united, along with the Black Panther, Tony has a idea to make two teams to take down the reactor core and take down the overlord. Team B consisted of Tony, Pepper, Rhodey, and Hulk and Pepper wanted to talk with Tony but Tony wanted to talk with his father who completed his canon and decided to use the space armor to attach the armor to the Stark1 satellite. Once inside, they successful took down the forces and head to the overlord. The overlord demanded to fight againist Iron Man but Hulk took the place but was defeated. Tony used Extremis since Howard couldn't and use the canon to temporarily disable the rings making the overlord weak. Gene was once again Mandarin and he shoot the overlord again. Tony left behind defeating the overlord while they all leave with Gene teleporting them out of the ship. When exploded, he was down, he announced that the invasion was over and everyone was surprised of the idenitity of Iron Man which is Tony Stark, Tony become surprised and worried, then War Machine and Rescue came revealing their idenitity too. Pepper tried to talk to him again but got interrupted by Tony when he kissed her on the cheek and hugged her. Meanwhile the Mandarin returned everything back to normal. In the end, Tony, Rhodey, and Pepper on their armors rode around the city happy.
Tony Stark is serious, selfless, and has a no-nonsense attitude. He is also reckless, stubborn, and overconfident, like his comics counterpart. When referring to his abilities, he knows that he is the best, and every time he is proved wrong, he refuses to give up until he overcomes the difficulty. Tony has very little knowledge of social life and has problems interacting with normal people (mostly those who are not as smart as him).
Despite his "lone wolf" persona, Tony genuinely cares about his friends and is deeply concerned about their safety, which is why he always tries to do everything on his own and then ends up getting scolded by either Rhodey, Pepper, or both. He eventually learns to trust them to the point where he creates a suit of armor for Rhodey's exclusive use as his partner (War Machine) and for Pepper's exclusive use as his second partner (Rescue).
Tony has a tendency to trust the wrong people, who can easily fool him by playing on his emotions. The more tragic their story sounds (especially if topics such as revenge mostly on Obadiah Stane or family issues are brought up), the more Tony is willing to help, even if his friends oppose to the idea. His trust in people was shaken in Look into the Light, when he refused to help the now reformed Living Laser with a problem he has, thinking he'll just betray him, just like Gene Khan or Blizzard, but he came to his senses just in time.
It should be noted that Tony also has some anger issues, often snapping or yelling at friends, especially when things don't go his way. Tony doesn't cope very well when things don't go as planned (even though he is rarely, if not never, the person who came up with the plan in the first place).
Rhodes is Tony's childhood best friend and is the son of his father's lawyer, Roberta Rhodes. He is the only person that knew about his double life as Iron Man from the very beginning. As Iron Man's systems operator, he aids Stark through a computer terminal at the Armory. At times, Rhodey is highly critical and protective of Tony when he does something stupid, but Rhodey has learned to tolerate his reckless behavior. He later dons the new War Machine armor in Tales of Suspense Part 1.
Tony is good friends with Pepper, even though she is hyperactive and incessantly chatty. When she asked why he never told her about his secret identity, Tony replied that she was never quiet long enough to tell her. It is hinted throughout the series that he might have feelings for Pepper beyond friendship especially since more of her attention has been focused on Gene. Often grumbling how she never escorted him out of the Stark Facility (forgetting the fact that he lives there) and happy at the fact that she starts talking to him again when he brought her up to the SHIELD Helicarrier. Tony shows signs of jealously when Pepper starts dating Happy. Pepper begs Tony throughout the second season to build her an Iron Man armor, which he agrees to in Hostile Takeover.
In Dragonseed, Pepper got her new armour. In Makluan Invasion: Part 2, it was clearly shown that Tony did have feelings for her when he kissed her on the cheek in the end.
In many ways, Tony Stark and Gene Khan are a lot alike, they're rich, trendy, powerful teens, and there's a lot more going on in their lives than anyone suspects. They first met when Tony came into his stepfather's import/export shop to speak to Zhang about the rings. Gene learned that he could help him find the Makluan Rings and he enrolled in his school to get close to him. They became best friends. They both didn't know of each other's identities until the season finale, Tales of Suspense Part 2. It was then that Tony found out that Gene was the one who blew up the plane that he and his father were on and that Howard Stark is still alive somewhere. They broke their friendship after that. Tony now thinks of him as the "worst kind of evil" and a liar who will do anything to get what he wants.
Whitney's and Tony's relationship with each other is complicated. Whitney Stane is the daughter of Tony's enemy, Obadiah Stane. Obadiah sent her to the Tomorrow Academy to spy on Tony, but she took the position to be close to Tony. When he found out of her true identity as Madame Masque as Iron Man he began to show sympathy for her. When the mask begins to have adverse afects on her, Tony has to heal her with ore from his "heart". This causes Whitney to forget everything from the past few months, and that she was ever Madame Masque. They begin going out in season two, but their relationship didn't work out thanks to Tony's superhero duties. Since, Obadiah Stane was put in a coma, she blames him for his state and stops talking to him.
Happy Hogan is a classmate of Tony Stark. Happy would usually do favors for him in exchange for doing his homework for a month, stating that he's "getting the best grades of his life". They also have become friends.
Roberta Rhodes is Rhodey's mom and Howard Stark's lawyer. After Howard's disappearance, Roberta acted as a mother figure towards Tony. With his dad being gone she represents a voice of wisdom for young Tony Stark.
Tony suspected that he blew up his dad's plane and that he did it to gain Stark International. Obadiah then used the company to make weapons, something that Howard, or Tony would've never approved of. Tony was really angry at Stane for ruining his father's company and he wanted to take him down. Even though they are enemies, Obadiah cares about Tony in his own way. When he banned him from Stark International, he was going with Howard's wishes for Tony to have a normal life until he could take over Stark International at age 18. In Chasing Ghosts, when it looked like that he was the one who put the hit out on Tony, he was really tipping off the FBI about the attempted assassination. When he fell into a coma when he tried to kill Tony (whom he now knows is Iron Man) using Iron Monger, he visits him in the hospital, showing he actually feels bad for him.
Tony looks up to his father and he idolizes him. He was devastated when he supposedly died in that plane crash. There was a time when he questioned his morality like when he found out that he used to make weapons, but then he was relieved to hear that he stopped his weapons production the day Tony was born. He was actually held prisoner by Gene Khan during the the time of his abscence. Tony Stark is overjoyed when Howard comes back into his life when Gene frees him, but still didn't know Tony's secret identity as Iron Man. Howard disovered Tony is Iron Man in The Dragonseed.
Powers & Abilities
Extremis: Tony has injected himself with a small dosage of the Extremis serum in the episode Extremis. As a result his damaged heart was fixed, and he gained the following abilities.
- Enhanced Biology: Tony has gained increased physical abilities, which include peak-level strength, enhanced healing abilities, and improved reaction time. It also enhanced his intellect and mental computing abilities.
- Cyberpathic Interfacing: Stark can mentally interface with digital technology and computers. His range of influence goes as far to satellites in orbit around the planet. He can even interface with his Iron Man armors, its components (letting him suit up without even touching the armor), and control its functions with his mind, allowing him to interface with its functions faster and more efficiently.
- Superhuman Strength: The suit enhances his strength far beyond that of an ordinary man. Iron Man can lift massive weights like cars, train cars, steamrollers, and even an entire crane.
- Superhuman Speed: The armor is capable of moving and reacting at high speeds. After Stark took Extremis, his reaction time increased.
- Enhanced Durability: His armor can take incredible amounts of punishment. He easily withstand bullets, low yield explosives, and extreme temperatures. He is now more durable than his old suit was in the past.
- Flight: The armor hovers and flies through the use of jet thrusters in the boots and stabilizers on the back and hands of his armor.
- Repulsor Gauntlets: The gauntlets have many functions.
- Repulsors: His most iconic weaponry. They're concentrated energy beams that are fired from ports on the hands. They can also be emitted in the form of shockwaves or in a direct path to push away objects with great force. His new suit has even stronger repulsors.
- Force Field: The armor can generate a force field that is extremely rigid. It can protect the user and others near him from harm. It also lets him force any object or energy away from him.The Mark II can now put a spherical force field around any target that the pilot chooses to.
- Secondary Propulsion: It has a second jet propulsion system in his repulsor palms.
- Flamethrowers: The Mark II armor has powerful flamethrowers in the wrists.
- Sonic Disruptors: The gauntlets have sonic disruptors that can knock a person unconscious. They can also change to sonic cannons that can be used offensively on opponents.
- Sonic Cannons: The disruptors can also change to sonic cannons to be used offensively on opponents to assault their hearing or to shatter diamond-hard crystals.
- Unibeam: A powerful beam that is fired from the power source in the chest. It can overwhelm almost anything in its path. But, this function rapidly drains the power supply.
- Rocket Launchers: His new suit has small, but powerful shoulder-mounted missile launchers.
- Magnetic Manipulation: Iron Man can manipulate magnetic fields to move small metal objects.
- Sensor Systems: The armor has advanced sensors that can detect any incoming danger, see the electromagnetic spectrum, and scan anything and anyone in sight.
- Onboard Computer: An internal artificial intelligence operating system that provides strategies, background information on opponents, surroundings, the status of the suit, and warns the wearer of incoming danger or when he is being targeted by a weapon system. It can also hack into any form of computer.
- Life Support: The armor can sustain its wearer for an indefinite amount of time.
- Comm Systems: The suit has built-in connection a secret communication line, allowing him to talk Rhodey and/or Pepper on the computer terminal in the Armory.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Apart from his suit, Tony has a highly gifted intellect that specializes in hardware, computers, and his armored suits. Even the experts at Stark International never completely understood the technologies he designed there. Tony created his first Iron Man suit completely on his own (he mentioned that may have "out-geniused" himself), memorized all of his school books on his second day of school, and found even the most advanced topics at the Tomorrow Academy to be out of date. In Ready, A.I.M., Fire, the Controller says that Stark's file mentions that he is smarter than the whole A.I.M. organization, which is one of the greatest think tanks in the world. Ever since he took Extremis, his inventive capacity has increased exponentially.
- Vast Wealth: Tony Stark has access to a monetary trust established by his father, which he uses to build his armors and repair damaged ones. But since he is still a teenager, he receives it as a monthly allowance, at least until he turns 18 when he completely inherits it. Since Justin Hammer bought Stark International, this trust fund now belongs to Hammer Multinational, forcing him to rely on the profits from his own personal business, Stark Solutions. He gained it back again when his father returned and took back Stark International.
- Skilled Fighter: Stark is a good melee fighter. He once stalemated the Ghost without wearing his armor and Ghost is a trained Assasin.
- Indomitable Will: Stark possesses a very strong will. He never gives up, even against overwhelming circumstances. When his mechanical heart was damaged with the Iron Man Mark I's destruction, his will was strong enough to survive until it was fixed. His will was even strong enough to resist the hold of a Controller Disk for a short time and recover from Mandarin's hypnotic ring.
- Artificial Heart (Formerly): Following his near-fatal accident which resulted from the disappearance of his father, Tony was dependant on an artificial heart monitor which had to be recharged at unspecified intervals. After he took the Extremis serum, his heart was repaired and his monitor was no longer needed.
Equipment Main article: Tony Stark's Technology
- Iron Man wears a sophisticated suit of armor.
- He has a number of specialized suits aside from the current model.
- He has developed a special backpack to carry his armor in.
- As a genius-level inventor and a teenage billionaire "celebutante". Tony can develop additional technology as needed.
- Tony carries a special cellphone with him.
- Tony's locker at school has been modified by Tony at least twice in Cold War and Whiplash. The first time, he could open it with a remote control, and the second time, he installed a water jug dispenser. He mentioned that he wasn't using it for anything else, since he said that he memorized all of his books in Iron, Forged in Fire Part 2.
- Tony mentioned in Secrets and Lies, that he has been kidnapped before. If that is true, it would fit in with his comic book origin where he was kidnapped and was forced to make the armor to escape.
- A running gag in the show is Stark using the "I have to go to the bathroom" excuse to perform his superhero duties, a gag that is joked upon by some of the characters in the series.
- Iron Man's nickname "Shellhead" has been mentioned by Nick Fury in the episode Fun With Lasers.
- Tony Stark and Iron Man share many similarities between Peter Parker and his alter-ego, Spider-Man in the series. For one, Tony experiences drama and hardships in his life highly reminiscent of the ramifications Peter Parker bears. Another similarity is that Spider-Man is a heavy wisecracker (someone who cracks constant or frequent jokes in reference to others), something that Iron Man also imitates. Spider-Man does exist in the universe of Iron Man: Armored Adventures (he was mentioned by a Maggia thug in Iron Man 2099). By chronology, would most likely be much younger than Iron Man.
- In The Hammer Falls, when Killer Shrike tells him he just wants to get away from him, Iron Man replied that he sounded like "one of my ex-girlfriends". This would fit his playboy persona that he is known for as an adult.
- In Cold War Rhode says "Is that an armor with roller skates" this is similar to the original armor in Tales of Suspence.
- Tony said multiple times throughout the series that he doesn't understand some of his father inventions. This would imply that Tony is currently less intelligent than his father.
- The HUD color of the suits that Tony uses are different from the repulsor and unibeam color. This is not the case with War Machine or Rescue.